I should have known from the beginning that a recipe from America’s Test Kitchen would create such a delicious and delightful cookie, but these cookies were out of this world. Ever since I have discovered this cookie recipe, I make them for every bake sale any of the organizations I am in have, as well as just making them for my family and friends own enjoyment. But just a couple weeks ago I came across another recipe and decided it was time to try another one. I kept thinking to myself, “your cookie recipes are good, but there has got to be a recipe still out there that is even better.”
Only a few weeks have passed since the finding of this recipe, but I am so glad that I found it. I got this recipe from from Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey Treats for Kids and they are called the Chewy Chunk Chocolate Chip Cookies- try saying that that three times fast! These are some serious cookies let me tell you. These cookies are saucer sized, crispy on the outside but soft on the inside, chewy and delightful chocolate chip filled goodness! These are the type of cookies you will find at any given bakery. I am sure you most likely have tried your own recipe, but you will not turn back after this one!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Yield: 18 really big cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, plus 1 yolk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Line 2 pans with parchment and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, egg and egg yolk.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) and sift into the mixer bowl. Stir the ingredients together by hand to form a soft dough and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make large balls of even sized dough.
- Place 9 balls of dough, evenly spaced on 1 parchment lined sheet. Chill the dough on the cookie sheets for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake until they are barely turning golden on the edges but still appear a bit underdone in the center, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Keep the cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes to finish baking and to make them firm enough to transfer to a wire rack for cooling.